Gisela Beckius A.O.C.A. B.F.A. A.E.C. (Canada)
Gisela Beckius was born in Pärnu Estonia and spent her childhood in England. When she was 14 her family immigrated to Canada where she lived until 2004. Her earlier career was as a medical photographer and illustrator and later as a commercial, fashion and portrait photographer. During this time she also continued to paint in oils, watercolour and pastel and executed many public and private commissions. She has been represented by the West End Gallery, Montreal Canada since 1995 and her work is featured in collections in Canada, the United States, England and Scandinavia. She is a full time artist and now lives and works in Sweden.
Gisela Beckius föddes i Pärnu, Estland och tillbringade sin barndom i England. Vid fjorton års ålder flyttade hon med sin familj till Kanada, där hon bodde till 2004. Hon är utbildad konstnär och fotograf har parallellt arbetat både med måleri och fotografi. Gisela Beckius har representerats av The West End Gallery i Montreal sedan 1985 och hennes verk är sålda i Kanada, USA och Europa.
- B.F.A. Studio art, art history & piano performance, CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY (Bachelor of Fine Arts)
- Music and piano performance, MCGILL UNIVERSITY
- Management Certificate, MCGILL UNIVERSITY
- Educational T.V. Production, MCGILL UNIVERSITY
- A.E.C. Photography, DAWSON INSTITUTE OF IMAGING ARTS & TECHNOLOGIES (Attestation d'études Collégiales)
- Digital Imaging, MCGILL UNIVERSITY & DAWSON COLLEGE
- Portraiture, THE SAIDYE BRONFMAN CENTRE FOR FINE ARTS
- A.O.C.A. ONTARIO COLLEGE OF ART (Associate of the Ontario college of Art)
- Scholarship in Stage Design, NATIONAL THEATRE SCHOOL OF CANADA
- Montreal General Hospital - Medical photographer & illustrator.
- Communication Visuelle - Director & medical photographer & illustrator.
- Freelance photographer - Medical, studio, fashion, tourism (Office du Tourisme de Québec)
- Jostens Photography Studio - Manager & head photographer
- Dawson College, Institute of Imaging Arts and Technologies - Professor of Photography